Avec la version 2.6.1 de WordPress, j’ai retrouvé mes bons vieux permalinks. Dommage que l’on ne puisse pas avoir deux permalinks vers le même article : un à l’ancien format avec index.php et un au nouveau format plus clean.
I migrated this blog to WordPress version 2.3.1. As usual, this is simply too easy !
With this new version, I’ll start using tags instead of categories. I’ve always liked tag clouds
Today, I upgraded to WordPress 1.5. I have to say that the changes this version brings are welcome.
- The CSS support is a must have for any modern blog
- Coming with CSS support, the new default style is way better than the old one
- They iG:Syntax Hiliter plugin works well now. They fixed the problem with pre tag
Also, the upgrade from v1.4 is a one step process. Have a try !
Managed to speed up the site using the Staticize plug’in. It keeps a static version of each article until a new article is added. A different static page is stored for each different user (recognized by a cookie) .
Also managed to display neat code extracts using another plug’in: iG:Syntax Hiliter.
I’ve been using WordPress for a small week now. My impressions?
- It’s no very fast. It could be my provider not being fast enough so I’ll have to install it on my server to make sure.
- It seems difficult to write JAVA code extracts. I get additional <p> tags in the middle of my code.
- I need an offline way of writing articles with proper visualisation based on the same rendering engine
Any ideas ?